The new PowerBI dashboard designer in early preview in the US provides data transformation and visual analytics to build reports. It can be downloaded from powerbi.com
Power BI Designer consolidates Power BI Excel add-in tools: Power Query, Power Pivot and Power View into one application.
Power BI Designer also provides self-service ETL . The free desktop data discovery tool can be downloaded and installed side-by-side with any version of Office or Excel on Windows.
More details are in the great article by Jen Underwood at http://sqlmag.com/power-bi/introducing-free-power-bi-designer-desktop-app
The use of power BI tools is discussed by James Serra with tools defined as
•Data shaping and cleanup. Self-service ETL (Power Query)
•Data analysis (Power Pivot)
•Visualization and data discovery (Power View, Power Map, Power BI Designer)
• Dashboarding (Power BI Dashboard)
• Publishing and sharing (Power BI sites)
• Natural language query (Power BI Q&A)
• Mobile (Power BI for Mobile)
• Access on-premise data (DMG, Analysis Services Connector) Power Query Power Pivot Power View Power Map Power BI Designer Power BI Dashboard Power BI Site Power BI Q&A Power BI for mobile
James displays the data flow as