Data of Christmas Past
- Reports and dashboards have become standard place within the business.
- Big data is just the new look of data.
- DevOps has become mainstream.
Data of Christmas Present
- There is an increasing plethora of database architecture designs to choose from which means selecting the right design and database engine for the right job is harder than before.
- Business is driving the need for data.
- Best practice delivery is hard in a fast changing environment.
- Complexity is increasing in a diverse landscape.
Data of Christmas Yet to Come
- The face of database administration is changing with multiple of types of engines, tools, applications and cloud offerings.
- It is necessary to have broad range of database knowledge to ensure best practice configurations are deployed for the plethora of tools.
- Predicative analytics are becoming critical for business.
- Deep learning utilizes machine learning to model data at high levels of abstraction which will transform how we live.
- Research is starting to become embedded in industry with the need to drive the next innovation.