Self-service data access policy now in public preview. This enables policies that are auto-generated that control access to underlying datasets.
The business value can be gained by helping with clarity on the consumer requesting access to the data sets. A business is often left asking
- Which dataset is the user requesting access to?
- Who must approve the data access request?
- How many approvers and how long will it take to gain access?
- Who must provision the data access?
- is data access transparent?
- how do I get a policy generated?
The self-service data access request triggers an approval workflow. Thus data discovery becomes easier for a data consumer with Purview on discovery and classification, self service access control. Data stewards and owners keep this information up to date.