SQLBits has always been the place I feel at home with my #sqlfamily. I have been to every SQLBits.
There have been 15 SQLBits conferences to date. The locations have been around the country each with a different theme.
- SQLBits 1 - October 2007, Microsoft UK, Reading
- SQLBits 2 - March 2008, Lakeside Conference Centre, Birmingham
- SQLBits 3 - October 2008, University of Hatfield, Hatfield
- SQLBits 4 - March 2009, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester
- SQLBits 5 - November 2009, Celtic Manor, Newport
- SQLBits 6 - April 2010, Church House Conference Centre, Westminster
- SQLBits 7 - September 2010, University of York, York
- SQLBits 8 - April 2011, Brighton Grand Hotel, Brighton
- SQLBits 9 - September 2011, Britannia Adelphi Hotel, Liverpool
- SQLBits 10 - March 2012, Novotel Hotel, Hammersmith, London
- SQLBits 11 - May 2013, East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham
- SQLBits 12 - July 2014, International Centre, Telford
- SQLBits 14 - March 2015, ExCeL London
- SQLBits 15 - May 2016, Liverpool Exhibition Centre
- SQLBits 16 - April 2017, International Centre, Telford
I have helped now for 7 years and it has been an amazing opportunity to help the community, network and learn loads from the high quality training. It is the largest data platform conference in Europe and we are privileged to see some of the world’s best speakers. I have seen the conference grow and change as the product has changed. I always enjoy greeting attendees as they arrive for SQLBits and hope they will have as much fun as I do at the conference. It is a time when you can fully immerse yourself in data and the product and find out what exciting new features there are and what other members of the community have found to share. I would recommend volunteering to anyone as the experience you gain from this is very rewarding and it is good to give back to the SQL Community.
To add to my volunteering experience I joined the SQL Relay team last year, so looking forward to helping bring this years event to the community between 9 – 13 October 2017.