Azure Cosmos DB is an evolutionary leap for DocumentDB which states it contains APIs for accessing data including MongoDB, DocumentDB SQL, Gremlin (preview), and Azure Tables (preview).
Azure Cosmos DB contains a write optimized, resource governed, schema-agnostic database engine that natively supports multiple data models: key-value, documents, graphs, and columnar.
The Key Capabilities
- Turnkey global distribution
- Multiple data models and popular APIs for accessing and querying data
- Elastically scale throughput and storage on demand, worldwide
- Build highly responsive and mission-critical applications
- Ensure "always on" availability
- Write globally distributed applications, the right way
- Money back guarantees
- No database schema/index management
- Low cost of ownership