Hortonworks have also shared the Open Hybrid Architecture Initiative, designed to enable big data workloads to run in a hybrid manner across on-premises, multi-cloud and edge architectures.
The Open Hybrid Architecture initiative will
- De-coupling storage, with both file system interfaces and an object-store interface to data.
- Containerizing compute resources for elasticity and software isolation.
- Sharing services for metadata, governance and security across all tiers.
- Providing DevOps/orchestration tools for managing services/workloads via the “infrastructure is code” paradigm to allow spin-up/down in a programmatic manner.
- Designating workloads specific to use cases such as EDW, data science, rather than sharing everything in a multi-tenant Hadoop cluster.