There is a new self-paced free lab is available to learn some of the concepts and how to solve modern data challenges using a hands-on lab approach.
SQL Server 2019 provides many new capabilities including:
- Data Virtualization with Polybase and Big Data Clusters to reduce the need for data movement
- Intelligent Performance to boost query performance with no application changes
- Security enhancements such as Always Encrypted and Data Classification
- Mission Critical Availability including Availability Groups on Kubernetes and Accelerated Database Recovery
- Modern Development capabilities including Machine Learning Services and Extensibility with Java and the language of your choice
- SQL Server on the platform of your choice with compatibility including Windows, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and Arm64 (Azure SQL Database Edge)