This is a significant enhancement on the Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics" which were shared in his 1942 short story "Runaround". The Three Laws he listed were:
- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
- A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
In 2016 Satya Nadella did share a vision for more relevant AI rules.
- AI must be designed to assist humanity.
- AI must be transparent.
- AI must maximize efficiencies without destroying the dignity of people.
- AI must be designed for intelligent privacy.
- AI must have algorithmic accountability.
- AI must guard against bias.
From this it has led to data ethics becoming its own branch of ethics.