The Microsoft Ignite 2022 keynote on 12 October shared many innovations and there were lots of announcements. The Microsoft Book of News October 12 - 14, 2022 details these https://news.microsoft.com/ignite-2022-book-of-news/
Satya talked about the digital imperative and the world's computer - Azure. The main 5 themes are to do more with less.
The technology world is changing rapidly and Satya mentioned that Gartner predicts that by 2025, 70 % of applications will be made by no code/low code tools, up from 25% in 2020. enabling hand drawn forms for example to be converted into apps with AI
Microsoft and Databricks deepen partnership for modern, cloud-native analytics
Microsoft and Databricks have partnered to build a foundation in the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform by integrating their hallmark capabilities to create an integrated solution for our customers.
Distributed PostgreSQL comes to Azure Cosmos DB
Azure Cosmos DB for PostgreSQL, a new Generally Available service to build cloud-native relational applications. Azure now offers its own single database service that supports both relational and NoSQL workloads. You can build cloud-native applications for relational and non-relational data using Cosmos DB.
Introducing the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform Partner Ecosystem
There was a launch of a powerful new Partner Ecosystem for the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform deliver category-leading and cloud-native data and AI solutions integrated with the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform to complement capabilities to address diverse scenarios.
Data Governance was mentioned at every single opportunity in many sessions. Data Governance looking at security and compliance, data management and responsible democratisation. Announcements were Microsoft Purview Business workflows (GA), Business metamodel (Preview), Improved root cause analysis and traceability with SQL Dynamic lineage
More details in the book of news shares:
- Improved root cause analysis and traceability with SQL Dynamic lineage (now generally available) and fine-grained lineage (in preview) on Power BI datasets. You can do thorough root cause analysis from a single location in Microsoft Purview.
- Metamodels that will enable customers to define organization, departments, data domains and business processes on their technical data. This feature is in preview.
- then the Machine learning-based classifications will make detection of human names and addresses simple and scalable in user data. This feature is in preview.
These features with help with big data management, adding context on top of data, improved classification with AI, manual process lineage and scorecard insights. You can read about it below
Add business context to your hybrid data estate with Microsoft Purview
Customize retention and deletion to help meet your specific business requirements
Read the article to learn more about the announcements in the Data Lifecycle and Records Management space that help organizations manage the lifecycle of data.
What's New in Microsoft Purview Compliance Manager
Compliance manager helps
- Eliminating blind spots with the right set of security, compliance, and privacy controls
- Safeguarding critical data from external and internal threats
- Identifying risks and addressing regulatory compliance requirements
There has been additional automated controls for Microsoft Priva and App Governance announced.
Power BI updates Do more with enterprise self-service business intelligence https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-ignite-2022-do-more-with-enterprise-self-service-business-intelligence/
with video summary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxGVcFb-zv0&t=28s